Monday, February 7, 2011

Skiing Wheeler Peak 13,161' and the Peace Sign Chutes Area near Taos, NM

Feb 2011

After getting home from a manic and massive European World Cup competition circuit (see older blog post(s), I had to fly back over the pond to home in NM. Jet lag is one of those things that is a continual bane. I simply resolve myself to the fact that I'm going to feel like crap until I get home and recover for a few days.

What better way to recover than to go with my friends Kerry Joel for some skiing up in New Mexico's premiere ski area, Taos. Today we didn't go to the ski area until after the tour. Wendy gave me this killer little video cam for Christmas, so I've been using it a bit and having some fun with it. Here's some footage from some great backcountry skiing on Wheeler Peak (NM's highest peak at 13,161') and some steeper skiing in the Peace Sign Chutes area on the way back to the lodge !

No comments:

Post a Comment